You may register for Workshops online with the button below. Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation to print and mail with your check. Your registration will be complete and your spot reserved once we receive your check. If you’d rather, you may print the pdf registration form, fill it out and mail your check with that. Register early to save your spot!
June, 2018: Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Monday, June 25, 2018: “Herringbone Quilt Pillow” CLASS FULL
Wednesday, June 27, 2018: “Double Wedding Ring Pillow” CLASS FULL
This class focuses on taking the fear out of making a Double wedding ring quilt! Let Victoria’s obsession with DWR’s become yours! Learn the tricks for success in her class, find out that they really are not difficult to make. Learn your curves, build patience and confidence,and how to pin for results! Everything you need to know can be made by making one ring of a DWR!
Thursday, Thursday, June 28, 2018: “*Thunder Struck Class” CLASS FULL
Hexagons can be FUN on the machine to piece! With Victoria’s templates, come ready to design a fun unique quilt with many possibilities in design! Learn those Y seams, (or not! can also be joined with NO Y seams! *gasp!) Build your decision-making skills and have FUN opening up a greater palette of techniques for your quilters tool box! Bring a wide range of fabrics for maximum design potential!
July 2018: Cheryl Sleboda
Wednesday, July 25, 2018: “Cartooning for Quilters”
Learn how to draw your own cartoon-y faces and objects and learn how to turn them into quilt blocks! You’ll see that anyone can draw with a little practice. In this full day class, we will spend the first half drawing and learning the basics of cartooning and the second half of the class turning your cartoon into a fabric block.
Thursday, July 26: “Experiments in Dimensional Sewing”
Learn unique techniques that will enhance your next quilt! These vintage sewing techniques will raise the surface of your quilt and truly impress. We’ll learn heirloom smocking techniques, tucking, ruching, and lots of other fabric manipulations, and then we’ll cover how to put it into a block in your next quilt. Whether you are a traditional, contemporary, art, or modern quilter, you can add a cutting edge, yet classic, look to your next project. Great for beginners and experienced sewists. You can choose classwork that is done without a machine.
October 2018: Missie Carpenter
Wednesday, October 24, 2018: “English Paper Piecing With Starch Basting and More!”
This workshop is a full day of many tips and tricks to sew and baste using Missie’s English
Paper Piecing basting method. We begin with learning starch basting and I offer to demonstrate other basting techniques if the students want to
see them. The project for this workshop is a small quilt.
Thursday, October 25: “Layered Wool and Cotton Appliqué”
This workshop teaches layering cotton and wool applique. The students will learn two stitch options and several options of wool and cotton appliqué will be discussed and taught.
All meetings and workshops will be held at the West Des Moines Christian Church at 4501 Mills Civic Parkway in West Des Moines. To get there from Interstate 35, exit at Mills Civic Parkway, exit 70. Turn east onto Mills Civic Parkway and drive about 0.9 mile. The West Des Moines Christian Church will be on the north side of Mills Civic Parkway. Meetings are in the Sanctuary in Building 2 and workshops are in Building 3 (Closest to PrairieLife).
- Registrations paid for at the time of registration are placed on the paid/confirmed list.
- Registrations not accompanied by payment are not confirmed and are put on a waiting list, subject to available space at time of payment. Once payment is received, if space is still available, class registration is confirmed. No one will be considered registered for a class until payment is received. Once a class is full, those on the waiting list need not make payment until space becomes available.
- 30 days prior to a class, any vacancies become available to non-guild members at an additional fee of $10 per full-day class or $5 per half-day class.
- Payment is refundable if cancelled at least 30 days prior to the day of the workshop.
- One check may be made out to DMAQG for all workshops chosen.
- *Some classes have additional fees, payable to the instructor, on the day of class.
- All classes will be held at the West Des Moines Christian Church, Building #3, 4501 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
Program chair: Susan Callison 515-450-6201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Registration Forms to: Susan Callison, 4711 94th Pl, Urbandale, Iowa 50322