We are going virtual in 2021!
Although this is a new and different format, we hope to make it as easy as possible for you to include your quilts in the show. Here is some information about the show:
- Quilts entered in the virtual show may not be entered in future in-person shows. Quilts will NOT be judged in 2021. If you wish to have a quilt judged, please plan to enter it in the 2022 in-person show.
- Quilt show entries are limited to current DMAQG members. If you paid dues for either 2020 or 2021, you are a current member. Each member may enter a maximum of 5 quilts or other quilted items in the virtual show.
How do I enter my quilt in the show?
- Fill out a quilt entry form for each item entered. Each member will be limited entering to 5 quilts or other quilted items.
- Submit the form on or before June 15. Entries submitted after that date will not be accepted.
- You may have your quilts photographed by the Show Committee or submit photos of your quilts.
The Show Committee can photograph your quilt
- Photography days will be scheduled in late June and July. Quilts will be photographed at the West Des Moines Christian Church.
- After June 15, you will receive information on how to schedule a photography appointment.
- Quilts that will be photographed by the Show Committee will need to have a sleeve attached at the top edge, just like if they were to be displayed at an in-person show.
What about submitting a photograph of my quilt?
- You may submit a photograph of your quilt by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and the name of your quilt in the email
- The quilt should be photographed flat, showing the entire quilt. Make sure that your camera or phone is parallel to the quilt and centered. Please do not drape your quilt over a bed, railing, or couch.
- Please send the highest quality “full” size photo from your device
- Submitted photos will be reviewed to make sure they show your quilt at its best. The committee reserves the right to ask that you bring your quilt in for photography
Entries close June 15 so don’t delay! We are looking forward to seeing what you’ve accomplished in 2020 and 2021.
The show will be available here at DMAQG.org beginning in September. It will remain on the web for several weeks so as many people as possible will be able to view it. In addition to member quilts, sponsors, vendors, and Community Giving projects will be featured. Quilts will be displayed on our website, sorted by member, not by size or type.
If you have questions, please contact Jill, email@example.com or Martha, firstname.lastname@example.org.