Frequently Asked Questions
Please click the question and/or the + sign to see the answer.
The meetings are the fourth Tuesday of every month with the following exceptions:
November – No Meeting
December – “December Tea” held at 9AM on the 1st or 2nd Saturday depending on Church availability.
There is an afternoon meeting at 1PM and an evening meeting at 7PM. Guests are always welcome. There is a $10 guest fee.
Program and meeting information can be found here on under the heading of Programs>Meeting Presentations. Click here to visit now.
There is also a Facebook page under the name of “Des Moines Area Quilters Guild”, where meeting information is often posted. Click here to visit that page now.
If you have an exceptionally large donation or want to coordinate a different drop off day please contact our Education Outreach Chairperson, Sharon Meisenheimer at 515-986-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through Community Giving, much of the fabric is distributed to the general membership as a kit and then returned back as a completed quilt, which is then distributed to the community as current needs dictate.
Education Outreach needs quilting fabric for Children’s Classes that are held every summer. Donated fabric is also needed each year for the “Sew-In” at the Iowa State Fair. Over the last five years, at least 700 quilts have been made at the State Fair Sew-In. These quilts are then donated to various organizations throughout Iowa.
The Retreat Committee often requests quilting fabric for a group charity project to be completed at one or both of the guild retreats.
Fashion Fabrics, felt, upholstery fabrics, etc are donated to local schools. The schools use them in a variety of ways – from making costumes to home economics classes.
Donated sewing supplies such as thread and notions are used by Education Outreach and Community Giving, given to local schools, or in some cases sold at our annual sale Mall in the Hall. Funds received at Mall in the Hall support all our charitable efforts.
- Occasionally, a human error is made in transcription, when email addresses are entered into the membership system and we simply have the wrong email address on file.
- The recipient’s email system is marking the Newsletter as Junk and it is in a spam folder.
- The recipient has accidently un-subscribed to the Newsletter.
What you need to do:
- Add email@example.com to your address book and/or contacts list
- Re-subscribe to guild newsletter by visiting dmaqg.org/newsletter. Enter your e-mail and contact information and press the “SUBSCRIBE” button. By adding your e-mail address yourself you can be assured it was indeed entered correctly. It also gives us permission to add you back to the list if you’ve been unsubscribed.
- Email us to check your newsletter subscription status and investigate further. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org