Quilt Drop-Off Information
Judged Quilt Drop-off
Judged quilts should be dropped off at Creekside Quilting (9926 Swanson Blvd in Clive), between September 13th and September 19th. Note: Creekside Quilting closes at 5:30 on Thursdays, quilts must be dropped off by this closing time to be judged.
A few tips as your prepare your judged quilts for drop off:
- The baggie that holds your entry form should be sealable and large enough to insert the judge’s comments (sandwich size or bigger)
- The entry form should be on the outside of your folded quilt when placed in the pillowcase, so that we can easily identify your quilt during sorting
- Only have one quilt per pillowcase, even if the quilts are very small
Non-Judged Quilt Drop-off
Non Judged quilts should be dropped off at The Iowa Quilt Block (325 5th St. in West Des Moines), between September 13th and September 21st.
- Make sure the baggie with your entry information is sealable and pinned to the back of the quilt
- The quilt should be folded so the entry is “face up”
- Only one quilt per pillowcase
Picking Up Your Quilt after the Show
Saturday, September 28th 5:00pm – 5:30pm
Following the close of the show on Saturday, we take down all of the quilts. We want to verify that each quilt goes home to its rightful owner. Please be patient during this process. It really doesn’t take that long.
Everyone that has a quilt in the quilt show needs to pick up their quilt after the show closes at 5:00pm. If you can’t personally pick up your quilt, please ask a friend, and send a written permission slip so that we know they are authorized to pick up the quilt.
Please wait in the food court area of the show to pick up quilts, starting at 4:30. Take down will begin after the show has closed, and all visitors have been removed from the building. You and another quilter will be escorted to each of your quilts by a volunteer. After both of you have all your quilts collected, please fold them so the label can easily be seen. You will then need to check out the quilts, similar to a grocery store checkout. Volunteers will make sure you have your quilts, and only your quilts. Please arrive by 5:30pm to pick up the quilts. With your help, we usually have all quilts taken down by 5:45pm.